|Kare Kare :)|
1 kilo pork
4 cloves garlic
1 medium onion
1 medium bottle peanut butter
4 medium eggplants
1 string yardlong or string beans
4 tablespoons dried annatto seeds (for coloring)
1. Boil pork in a pot until tender.
2. Add the vegetables. Simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly tender.
3. In a separate pot, saute garlic till light brown and onion till translucent.
4. Pour in the pork with its stock. Leave it to a boil. Using a strainer, soak the annatto seeds into the pot until desired color is achieved (refer to the image above).
5. Add the peanut butter and mix it in with the stock. The sauce should be slightly sticky with no lumps.
6. Add salt to taste.
This recipe is one of the many Filipino favorites. Happy cooking!